The womens land army wla was a british civilian organisation created during the first and second world wars so women could work in agriculture replacing men called up to the military women who worked for the wla were commonly known as land girls . Land girls was created by roland moore and commissioned by the bbc to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the second world war the programme was bbc daytimes first commission of a period drama. Land girls did a wide variety of jobs on the land they worked in all weathers and conditions and could be directed to work anywhere in the country here are 10 surprising facts about the work of the wla during the second world war. See more on land girl agnes greatorexs war indeed it was not just the land girls lives that would never be the same again women not only had to help feed the nation but also plug the
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.