Alexander girard became director of design for herman millers textile division in 1952 a time when fabrics especially in the office tended toward the utilitarian drab and pattern less. Art is only art when it is synonymous with living there are two certitudes commonly assigned to midcentury designer alexander girard he was the least well known of the great designers at herman miller in the 1950s and 1960s and he was the greatest colorist and textile designer of modern time. Amazon best books of the month december 2011 designophiles start salivating alexander girard is a showstopper of a book the ultimate tribute to sandros astonishingly prolific creative legacy edited by acclaimed designer todd oldham with vibrant text from kiera coffee this wonderful swervy adventure explores girards career with playful elegance
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.